Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Play.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tosh

Display Name: Tosh
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Play.com Reply with quote

Has anyone rec'd The shiny new box set from Play yet?
Their website still shows it as a pre-order.
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I cancelled my order so I could get it at the launch event.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hokusbloke

Display Name: Sir Neil Gardner
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the problems. I have asked the BBC to check into it for you and to find out why Play haven't changed it from pre-order yet. They have certainly had the stock dispatched to them.

As I know more, so will you...

N Smile

Boxset 17.99
Download 15.99
tosh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Neil, it's unlike Play as they usually ship early to arrive on release day with most things.
hokusbloke

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this now seems to be quite a big problem, with a lot of people saying they have not recieved their box sets and Play claiming (not to me) that they haven't recieved their stock and so have had to put delivery back.

As you can imagine I am NOT HAPPY with this state of affairs as the whole reason for recommending Play.com was their usual trust-worthiness regarding release dates.

Now, to be fair, it being a weekend, I am unable to check with the BBC or the Play people about the reality behind what is going on...so I won't be rude about them yet. First thing Monday I will speak with the head of BBC Audiobooks sales and get them to fix the problem, whatever it actually is!

I can only apologise to you all...I know it isn't my fault, but I was the one who encouraged you to use Play.com and it is all a mite embarrassing for me.

You could always cancel your pre-order and re-order at Amazon who are offering it cheaper and I know are delivering. It sadly means less donations to the Stroke Association but c'est la vie!

Neil Sad

Boxset 17.99
Download 15.99
Gaz

Site Admin
Display Name: Gaz
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hokusbloke wrote:
It sadly means less donations to the Stroke Association but c'est la vie!

Suggestion - when you find out who is at fault, badger *them* into making a donation to the Stroke Association, roughly in line with the number of cancelled pre-orders that Play.com get.... Wink

I haven't ordered mine yet, because I'm crap. I was actually going to order from Play this very night, but I'll leave it now until you find out what's happening, so please do keep us informed.

Can't get worse, might get better...
Has always been my way of thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RHFA

Club Member
Display Name: Siobhan
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, if you've cancelled your order with Play to order from Amazon but would have paid 17.99, you could donate the other 3 to the Stroke Association here.
guy

Display Name: Guy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy from play also failed to arrive. The status of mine has changed to "packing" and they've taken my money, no online option to cancel it now. We'll have to see how fast the delivery is.

I should have cancelled the order the moment the signing was announced but for some reason my brain failed. So not only did I miss the signing, I also didn't get the thing on time anyway.

Don't think I'll be using play.com again.

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play are normally a very good company to buy from, so it's a little strange. I'm sure they'll sort it out.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
guy

Display Name: Guy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My order status has now gone backwards from "packing" to "processing". Whereas "packing" seemed to imply that they were sending it out today and had taken my money it now appears that they're not even sure of that.

Thank goodness I decided not to attend that party in the brewery they were arranging.

Edit: It's now been posted. Hooray! From Jersey. It'll take 3 to 5 days to arrive apparently. I'm guessing they're using some form of transport from before the industrial revolution. Trained homing spaniels perhaps.

So BBC Audio Books make this somewhere then ship it to Jersey so that it can be shipped back to the UK again. No pointless carbon emissions there then.

Aaargh!

matthew dunderdale

Display Name: matthew dunderdale
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a SNAFU involving the trans-perambulation of pseudo-cosmic anti matter...

red dwarf series 6, "legion"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hokusbloke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snafu...indeed it was.

I have spent most fo the morning chatting with the various 'powers that be'...most of whom inhabit strange offices above Mornington Crescent tube. The end result is that Play.com have now processed and shipped all the pre-orders.

Apparently there were some shipping problems somewhere between the first place and the other place (I dunno...it's all gobble-de-gook to me!)

Suffice to say, problemo solved...apologies all round to one and all and I hope you think it was worth the wait.

N Smile

Boxset 17.99
Download 15.99
tosh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hokusbloke wrote:
Snafu...indeed it was.

I have spent most fo the morning chatting with the various 'powers that be'...most of whom inhabit strange offices above Mornington Crescent tube. The end result is that Play.com have now processed and shipped all the pre-orders.

No such serendipity here, they haven't shipped my order yet according to my account Sad

theladyinthestrawhat

Display Name: amy amy amy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going to order it as soon as i have enough money, which is starting to look more and more like the summer Smile

but i orded a cd off play a few weeks back and it still hasn't come, they're waiting for stock apparently, damn them.

Erithaniel

Display Name: Erithaniel
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mildly related, at least. Any date set for the audio, digital download edition?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: