Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Re-release books 1-4 in Hardback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr O

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re-release books 1-4 in Hardback Reply with quote

Neville has given me a cunning plan. It's good because it's cunning. According to a someone on a different thread, roberts first 4 books were only published in paperback format.
I belive it would be a good idea to re-release these books (as a limited edition) in hardback! As a collector of hardbacks I would definatly buy them.

Mr Publisher if it's true, Release the books in hardback as Im sure the peeps on this forum would agree with me!

If im wrong, call me Mohammed and lock me in a room with bugs bunny

robertrankin

SproutMaster

Display Name: Robert Rankin
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a charming idea, but I can't imagine the publishers going for it. It's the wrong way round and twenty-five years too late. The costs of doing it would never be recouped by the numbers sold. I'm just amazed that they are still in print after so long. And the Antipope still brings in more royalties than most of the other books. If the numbers of books still being sold really tailed off, they might think of bringing all the first four out in a single omnibus edition.
Dr O

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surely If enough people got together and made a need for the books would they even consider supllying our demand? Do you know what the minimum print run they would publish?
How about releasing a box set (hardback) of the brentford trilogy and/or the armageddon books?

fourpints

Club Member
Display Name: Fourpints
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know if they (they being hollywood) got off their asses and made the movies, the books would be flying off the shelves and a load of hard backs would make a fortune and then you could yell "feck you" at JK Rowling.

(mumbles something along the lines of "BITCH" and disapears back into lurkdom)

Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that may kill off the singles sales as if they can buy the omnibus editon of four books,and there was also a trilogy omnibus of the first 3 at least if that what trilogy means Rolling Eyes Laughing
El Mexicano

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely in keeping with the honorable Mr Rankin's enigma it would be appropriate to release several or many conflicting and confusing omnibuses, or omnibii as they are known in the trade. As for hollywood movies, I am sure its a bit like Star Wars part I in that "they" are waiting for the technology to catch up with the stories, I believe there is a secret Pixar project in which they are reproducing multiple CGI versions of sprouts. Discuss
toby

Club Member
Display Name: toby
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and some new artwork too for those early books... interesting...
mattc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely a limited edition hardback run of the first four books would be possible? With both endings for 'Sprouts of Wrath' included (I've only read my Abacus edition) too. Oh, and speaking of the original books, Graham Humphreys (did the cover for the original East of Ealing) is selling off some of his artwork -clicky - couldn't see the East of Ealing cover though, and 10,000 for the Evil Dead illustration is way beyond my means

BTW hello everyone
toby

Club Member
Display Name: toby
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the cover. Its lovely. Very Happy
dex

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we not comission a hardback collect for sproutlore, ask pan and abacus how much they'd want to run the books off, divide it by how many want the books and and all chip in repectfully? i'm sure there are members out there who'd buy a few dozen (hi stephen Smile) and some who'd buy two sets and put one set away and never read them.

The planning would take some doing and the monies would have to be collated into a specific place before the comission as the publishers wouldn't go for it without upfront fees - so james et al may need to get involved big time?

The Scouse One

Display Name: Darren
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like an idea Dex (although I have no idea of how publishing works to know costs etc, but I'd be willing to pay up front (as long as it's not to a Scouser Smile
dex

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EH, Eh, calm down, calm down....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SproutMaster All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: