Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Dancin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
COD

Club Member
Display Name: Paul
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Dancin Reply with quote

Sorry, got to post this cos I need somewhere to vent my spleen.
For the first time in my life I've avidly watched a reality tv type programme that caught my interest, the Strictly Come Dancin Celebrity thingummy. I've decided that people with an IQ below 100 should be banned from using the phone, and voting.
I've followed this for weeks and the favourite is dull and soulless whilst the rugby player is gormless and heavy footed. The voting is about personalities and not skill and consistancy. I thought this programme had brains about it, but it seems the moment you let the public loose on something to be nurtured, like Emma Bunton's dancing prowess, they want it killed.
feck You general public, you've finally given me good reason to listen to my fears about the world. We have rulers and leaders so the public don't get too involved, otherwise it gets fucked up. I always thought it was press and media that guided the view of the nation, not so on here. The judges are on the ball, the public a bunch of Celeb Seeking Heat readers.
There, glad I got that out.
No doubt whe nits over the winner, that cricket bloke, will have been discoverd by the press to be shaggin his dance partner and doing the dirty on his wife and kids, and the public will love him even more.

Timmeh!

Site Admin
Display Name: Tim McGregor
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Dancin Reply with quote

GOD wrote:
Sorry, got to post this cos I need somewhere to vent my spleen.
For the first time in my life I've avidly watched a reality tv type programme that caught my interest, the Strictly Come Dancin Celebrity thingummy. I've decided that people with an IQ below 100 should be banned from using the phone, and voting.

If you lowered that by 40 you'd be the only voter. Twisted Evil

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The public are always a problematic bunch.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teach you to not watch shite on the telly then, and you should know better as you already knew the outcome Razz Rolling Eyes
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the central premise of the programme is that the public get the chance to skew the results against those critically judge to have danced well in favour of the 'personality' they like... Confused
COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Surely the central premise of the programme is that the public get the chance to skew the results against those critically judge to have danced well in favour of the 'personality' they like...

annoying though innit?

deackie

Club Member
Display Name: Sarah
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love dancing, so Strictly Come Dancing is the only reality show I ever watch. Emma has always struck me as too 'stage school'. Matt and Mark prove that anyone can love dancing and learn to do it. Emma has danced before so had an unfair advantage. As to the quality of the remaining men's dancing; even the judges agreed they are good and they were only marked slightly below Ms Bunton.

OK, now you can shoot me down in flames.

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be shooting anyone down in flames (I've not seen the show) merely tutting on the public voting principle.

More people vote in things like these than general elections they reckon.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Timmeh!

Site Admin
Display Name: Tim McGregor
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Random Me wrote:
More people vote in things like these than general elections they reckon.

Now that is a sad indictment toward our society (if it's true).

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, statistically over the last six years of Big Brother, more people have voted over the phone than the combined total that went to the polls since the Second World War. That is so sad.

GOD

talie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I don't care, if people like these shows then its up to them really, I dip in and out of some (the girlfriend loves them and she's the one with the degree - a proper one too) and surprised with the X Factor they bothered, ok not my cuppa tea (singing wise) but that Leona (sp?) pissed it. BB makes me cold though. The jungle one is funny at times
talie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and despite the rumours I was not dancing in a ladies kitchen at the weekend...I may have been very very drunk!
Scouse Elvis

Club Member
Display Name: Scouse Elvis
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that your pyjama party then Jack Shocked

And as for reality shows, I abhor the lot of them Crying or Very sad
Tinto

Display Name: Evans
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
something to be nurtured, like Emma Bunton's dancing prowess,

Hmm... Emma Bunton's dancing prowess? That reminds me of another story of Baby Spice's 'prowess'. In the 2002 concert that they had for the queen having done her job for 50 years or something, Brian Wilson and his band played a number of Beach Boys songs. One of which was Good Vibrations,which Emma Bunton 'apparently' sang on.
Well, the rehearsal for the song at a london studio was supposed to start at 1030 or something like that. Emma Bunton didn't turn up until about 1145, by which time her management had to beg for her to still be let sing on the song. Then when she was allowed back on, it came to her verse and she hadn't learnt the words. She hadn't bothered to learn the song that she was going to be singing on (never mind that it was a legendary song like Good Vibrations that she probably should have known anyways) showing a total lack of respect to any of the musicians that she was working with.
Eventually she was allowed to appear onstage and mime to the chorus.
The guitar player for Brian's backing band did say that she had a nice bum though.... so it was a story with a happy ending Very Happy

Jackin_your_box

Display Name: Scotty
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma Bumton then?
Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: