Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Yesterday at the Book Signing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Yesterday at the Book Signing Reply with quote

It was a good day, as usual James fixed the weather as it was warm and sunny.
Much toot was talked and beer drunk of which I had bugger-all as I had been a naughty boy handies slaped and had to sit in the corner drinking grapefruit juice Razz still they let me out to buy some raffle tickets,attend the auction and the signing Wink It was deemed all had a good time and roll on the next one, see some of you who are going to FantasyCon in September where by then I should be allowed some incahol Very Happy thanks to all who helped organise the event.
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inca Hole eh?
guy

Display Name: Guy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sirs,

I would like to complain in the strongest possible way about your supposed "literary" event yesterday. Far from being literary it did, in fact, appear to be an orgy of drunken debauchery and sexual perversion of almost acrobatic proportions. Quite how anyone could even think about doing that with a pineapple, let alone succeeed, is beyond me. Although you may think to ignore my complaints, considering them irrelevant, I would have you know that I am no stranger to alcohol myself, and will always have a small glass of sherry on important national holidays such as the Queens's birthday. The amount of alcohol consumed at your event by individuals was staggering, before yesterday I was not even aware that it could be bought in large quantities, such as by the half-pint. At some point even gambling was involved, with a game of chance called a "raffle" being participated in by a large number of guests. I understand that the players risked large quantities of money in order to attempt to win gewgaws.

To add insult to injury, at some point my wife Kevin disappeared for ever. The last I heard from her was when she said "Hugh, I'm just going to look at some interesting old ceilings with this fascinating group of young men", and that was that. I believe that they were musicians of some sort, some of them looked like they hadn't washed since the morning. I have nothing against musicians myself, and always try to keep up with trends in popular music. Every tuesday, for example, I play my Easy Listening records on my gramophone during afternoon tea.

It is quite clear that you cannot be allowed to continue with these events without some form of moral supervision and so, reluctantly. I have chosen to attend all of the future events. This will give me less time to care for my antique bicycle clip collection, but I consider it to be my duty to uphold the standards that made Britain great.

As for my wife, as soon as my solicitor has completed the paperwork then I will send it over to the Thai Ladyboy Mail Order Company for a replacement.

Your faithfully,

Lieutenant Colonel Jarce-Holl (Retired)

Lady Clara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any one loose anything while they were at the event? Confused
Deep Black

Club Member
Display Name: Andi
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I still had all my faculties intact Very Happy

Might go to FantacyCon for at least 1 day so may well see you there DrBob

guy

Display Name: Guy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady Clara wrote:

As in loose trousers, loose bowels? you need to be clearer as in 'did anyone lose a briefcase containing 500,000 in fivers in used notes with non-sequential serial numbers?'. In my case the answer would have been 'yes, several'. Just email me any items found and all will be well.

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a fine time indeed. Good to meet you Guy, Kate, etc. And good to catch up with those of the usual crowd that could make it down.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady Clara wrote:
I did hear one salacious comment about a virginity, but I did not see it happen so can't confirm it Rolling Eyes
neville

Display Name: mick
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a damn good day out,cheers for the welcome guys.....and gals Very Happy
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it, we didn't scare him off...

Be sure to come to the next event so we can try again! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SproutJaw All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: