Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Sproutlore event begining of August
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> I've only been to the one event so far

Head towards the largest group of disreputable reprobates you can find at the event and you've probably found the forum contigent.

Failing that, bring the pink hat and let everybody gravitate towards you.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS - Welcome to the forum.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Citizen Kate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loz wrote:
Citizen Kate wrote:
I put my name down for two copies of The Toyminator to pick up on Saturday (replied to the email from the shop address) - should I get a confirmation or anything? Just want to make sure that I was emailing the right person.

We got the email at the shop and I passed it straight on to James as he's sorting out books and stuff. If you'd like a confirmation I'd recommend sending him a message via the "Contact Us" button on the left. Smile

Thank you! Very Happy Just wanted to know that it wasn't languishing in completely the wrong place.

The pink hat is, alas, not mine. But some kind of ice-breakingly ridiculous headgear would probably be a good idea.

Looking forward to Saturday now *jumps up and down a bit*
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> The pink hat is, alas, not mine.

Now that's a shame.

> But some kind of ice-breakingly ridiculous headgear would probably be a good idea.

Hmm, perhaps I should fish out my Viking helmet again...

talie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on is this a young lady offering free hugs!!! Wow next she will be offering us matches!

Citizen Kate wrote:
Stacey wrote:
Two of my mates from the SFX forum are going to be there Kate and Gordy, some of you met Kate at Dangercon, please folks take care of them for me!

Awww... I love Stace I do. Very Happy

I've only been to the one event so far, so if you happen to see someone who looks vaguely like this...

...only without the pink hat, please say hello... And give me hugs. And buy me drinks Wink

I put my name down for two copies of The Toyminator to pick up on Saturday (replied to the email from the shop address) - should I get a confirmation or anything? Just want to make sure that I was emailing the right person.

Stacey

Display Name: Stacey
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*squuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeealllllllllllllllllll* Hey Kate gorgeous girl.

I hope you have a wonderful time, I'm so jealous.
Citizen Kate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Daw wrote:
Hold on is this a young lady offering free hugs!!! Wow next she will be offering us matches!

Citizen Kate wrote:
Stacey wrote:
Two of my mates from the SFX forum are going to be there Kate and Gordy, some of you met Kate at Dangercon, please folks take care of them for me!

Awww... I love Stace I do. Very Happy

I've only been to the one event so far, so if you happen to see someone who looks vaguely like this...

...only without the pink hat, please say hello... And give me hugs. And buy me drinks Wink

Print out a copy of this post and claim unlimited hugs Wink

See you tomorrow, guys Very Happy
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Print out a copy of this post and claim unlimited hugs

Bargain!

What time are people filtering into the pub tomorrow? I'll be there from about one or so.

talie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than a bargain Smile

I'll be there middayish, depends on trains from Tonbridge and when I get up Smile

guy

Display Name: Guy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Random Me wrote:
It's a good plan. Any input on a forum hotel to descend upon, or is everybody that's going heading straight home?

Out of desperation I used the hotel link from the multimap page that was in the email. None of the hotels claiming to have rooms actually seemed to, but in the end I got into the Premier Travel Lodge on Tower Bridge Road.

The really funky backpacker cheap place with a bar until 2am and live djs was apparently full.

Plan to arrive near the start, but this is entirely dependent on the state of my hangover from the night before.

I suppose I could have just got the last train home from London Bridge afterwards, but there's something pathetic about doing that, with the other crowd of drunken people who aren't cool enough to be clubbing or sleeping in an industrial dustbin in an alleyway.

Jack_Daw wrote:
I'll be there middayish, depends on trains from Tonbridge and when I get up

Probably they'll be 4 minutes after my trains from High Brooms.

Boggwoppit

Club Member

Display Name: Hugh Morris
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, Gaz (tinto), Kelz and myself should be there about one depending on how hungover we feel after the beer festival tonight and whether we need to stop at the cider stall in Borough Market to buy a jug of hairy dog and a beef and stilton burger Very Happy
talie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the train home so uncool and pathetic Smile
Lady Clara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be late.
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time tomorrow we'll all be lurking in the pub...

Gaz

Site Admin
Display Name: Gaz
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Random Me wrote:
This time tomorrow we'll all be lurking in the pub...

ALL? ALL? Humph. This time tomorrow I'll be where I am now - at home... Sad

Seriously though - have a good time everyone!

And Random - don't forget, if they have any spare bookplated copies of The Toyminator knocking about, grab me one and get it signed (to Gareth) please? I'll see you right for money etc. My Amazon copy has already arrived, but I'm gonna take it on holiday with me and then bung it on eBay afterwards, thus hopefully keeping my bookplated copy pristine!

Can't get worse, might get better...
Has always been my way of thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SproutJaw All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: