Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Sproutlore event begining of August
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> ALL?

All of us that are going, yes.
I'll take some pictures of drunk people for you. It'll be almost liek you were there.

> And Random - don't forget, if they have any spare bookplated copies of The Toyminator knocking about, grab me one and get it signed (to Gareth) please?

Will do. Just as well you said that else you'd have had one made out to "Gaz" instead.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
guy

Display Name: Guy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Daw wrote:
I'm getting the train home so uncool and pathetic Smile

Typing faster than my brain was operating again. Damn. Clearly no Sproutlore people are uncool or pathetic. As far as I know.

I just hate that "midnight shift" last train. It's a miserable journey, drunk, surrounded by drunk people with excessive amounts of fast food, and the one drunken loony in a suit who went to his company party and got on the train by mistake whilst trying to get to Southend.

Lady Clara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guy wrote:

I just hate that "midnight shift" last train. It's a miserable journey, drunk, surrounded by drunk people with excessive amounts of fast food, and the one drunken loony in a suit who went to his company party and got on the train by mistake whilst trying to get to Southend.

As a regular midnight train user on my way home from London I can assure you that most of the time the train (or at least midland mainline) of really very dull people. Which is cruel because if they insist on keeping you awake with their snoring / telephone conversations / loud music ... you'd at least think they'd be so kind as to be mildly humourish to entertain you.

So unfair.

On the plus side if you get in the right carriage you'll usually find someone willing to share a huge bar of chocolate with you Smile

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly you have much better midnight trains than the ones I've been on.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scouse Elvis

Club Member
Display Name: Scouse Elvis
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you'll all (all that are going/gone/there) there now, Smile wish I could have made it, but circumstances conspired against me I'm afraid. Anyone up for a trip to Alton Towers in the Autumn? Smile

I won't be as self centered as to think that everyone will want to know why I haven't posted for ages, but I'll tell you anyway, nah I won't Wink have a great time those of you going, and if noone is up to organising an event this year, I'll have a think about something up my way October time?
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alton Towers sounds viable. All our threads on it are no doubt in the depths now.

Lady Clara

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouse Elvis wrote:
but I'll tell you anyway, nah I won't Wink

It's that goat again isn't it.

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My train had some drunk people, they were sat by the exit - and ended up preventing one person getting out at his stop because he couldn't get past them before the doors shut. I also had a very loud woman on her phone, and some other people that caused the journey to be marginally less pleasant than it could have been.

Still, such are the joys of public transport sometimes.

guy

Display Name: Guy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed in a crappy hotel at enormous expense and then travelled back at the crack of dawn in a relaxed and comfortable environment. I wouldn't have missed the last two hours even if I'd been sober and still able to get the last train back.
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're in the London Bridge.Borough area again there's two St Christopher's hostels there, they do a few private rooms as well as shared rooms with bunk beds and are fairly reasobaly priced.
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> I stayed in a crappy hotel at enormous expense

I stayed at a reasonable place at not enormous expense. But I made the mistake or returning a little bit late today and caught some people that were pissed after a flight.
That said I had a most enjoyable day in London all the same.

Citizen Kate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're all very very nice people Very Happy

Next time, I shall try to bring an actual pink hat rather than just the promise of one.

Meanwhile, I have a print of Eddie Bear's arse that I shall treasure forever.
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not picky, almost any hat will do.

Was it you that started the arse printing trend then?
That was one grubby bear by the end of the night.

Deep Black

Club Member
Display Name: Andi
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an eddie face smear on my book Cool
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mwahaha. I have paw, foot and kiss from Eddie in mine! Bow down and worship me now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SproutJaw All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: