Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Recognition of Spike Milligan's Genius

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janet

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Recognition of Spike Milligan's Genius Reply with quote

Not that we should be surprised, mind you, but scientists have proven that Spike Milligan wrote the funniest joke in the world.
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody's interested I've met Prof Wiseman (sevreal years ago), he crops up in the news every now and then with interesting research.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Boggwoppit

Club Member

Display Name: Hugh Morris
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a python sketch to me. The one where they use the worlds funniest joke to kill the enemy during the war. Wish i had time to Google but have to go home. I expect someone will post the sketch (Random) for us to read in its full glory.
Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Recognition of Spike Milligan's Genius Reply with quote

Janet wrote:
Not that we should be surprised, mind you, but scientists have proven that Spike Milligan wrote the funniest joke in the world.
And these miserable baskets at KIN BBC!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad WON'T REPEAT THE Q series Crying or Very sad
Dr Hill

Club Member
Display Name: Graham Hill
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: spike Reply with quote

Too right, you get crap repeated ad nausem Mad but never Q or theres a lot of it about.

One of my mates has got a lot of the Q series on video and I still think two of the funniest things I have ever seen are the sketches with a Dalek in a turban and Spike as demented game show host in "lose your furniture"

Come you basts at the BBC put spike back on Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Dr Hill "Wessst you bassstarrrd"
Boggwoppit

Club Member

Display Name: Hugh Morris
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(shouts in Dalek voice) PUT IT IN THE CURRY Very Happy

I have the best of Q on video. I just about remember catching the final series before it was no more. I loved the way spike would crack up on stage at the absurdity of what he was getteing away with on the BBC. Great show Very Happy
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All before I was born...
talie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: spike Reply with quote

Dr Hill wrote:
Too right, you get crap repeated ad nausem Mad but never Q or theres a lot of it about.

One of my mates has got a lot of the Q series on video and I still think two of the funniest things I have ever seen are the sketches with a Dalek in a turban and Spike as demented game show host in "lose your furniture"

Come you basts at the BBC put spike back on Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The lose your funiture sketch (flim flam floo) is a classic, along with the traffic wardens (?) using whips and catching their own ears

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: