Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Summer Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz

Display Name: Loz McGregor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacey wrote:
We are staying in Crantock, Newquay.

Cool, that's just up the road from where we're going! Thumbs Up

Screech Owl Santuary is just down the road from you and well worth a visit - don't let the website put you off. You can actually stroke the owls, from the Little Owl to the Eagle Owl. Cool

I'd also recommend a visit to The Museum of Witchcraft at Boscastle. They have some fascinating stuff on show there, we go there whenever possible, and the people who run it are very nice.

Unfortunately Tintagel is, quite frankly, a crappy Tourist Town. Guiniverre's Porcelain Dog Shop, Merlin's Cafe, King Arthur's Car Park, etc. We've never got as far as the castle! Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I'd love to learn to surf, can you surf Loz?

I surfed from when I was about 10, we'd go on holiday for Easter and surf at Bude. Pretty blummin cold, but lots of fun. I gave up when I got about 16, too busy being aloof and teanagery. Rolling Eyes Nowdays I have a go and give up after an hour or so, I prefer sitting on the beach and reading, fogey that I am! Wink
Lisa WTS-Collins

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to go to Crantock with my family when I was young - until my mum got over her fear of flying and we went to see the family in Mallorca. It's gorgeous. You will absolutely love it!

The Albion pub sells the best pasties ever in anywhee in the whole world. Guaranteed. And the Daisy/cosy nook cafe (if it is still there) makes the best milkshakes. And you can buy shell ladies there too!

We are going to Brussels next weekend, Barcelona at the beginning of Aug, Swanage with my mate in the middle of Aug and Bruges for the late Aug bank holiday.

Very Busy!

swineherd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in the aquatic mode this summer, doing a river, a lake and the mighty Pacific. Camping on the Santiam River in July, camping at Tillamook on the Oregon Coast in early August and then the last week of August in a luxe condo on the south shore of Lake Tahoe, in California.
Scouse Elvis

Club Member
Display Name: Scouse Elvis
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing planned here, the bitch of an ex wife is makin my life a misery at the moment, so I don't know what I'm doing in the summer.

On a happier note, I rode a horse for the first time today, and so did my daughter, should have seen the big smile on her face. Cheryl's sister has a horse, but ti's the first time we've been to see it. Now my daughter wants to go every Saturday, unless it's raining, or cold, or windy, or if she's too tired or needs a wee Laughing
Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouse Elvis wrote:
Nothing planned here, the bitch of an ex wife is makin my life a misery at the moment, so I don't know what I'm doing in the summer.

:
Commiserations there mate I no only too well how that was for me, but look on the bright side it does not last for ever.
Stacey

Display Name: Stacey
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouse Elvis wrote:

But you have the extremely gorgeous Cheryl to make up for it eh pet?
Scouse Elvis

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bob, I know it won't last for ever, it'll calm down until she dies and comes to haunt me Laughing

Stacey, Cheryl makes up for anything thats thrown at me so yes it's all good really. In Love
theladyinthestrawhat

Display Name: amy amy amy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're off to cornwall, try going to st. ives it's very pretty, a bit torist-y but has some great art shops.

also on the way back or there, try to get to tavistock, it's near to plymouth but has a lovley market.

and that is my knowlage of the south coast exausted, except for plymouth and cambourne, but you don't want to go there.

Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<it'll calm down until she dies and comes to haunt me>

well Scouse mine has kicked the bucket, do I give a monkey's or shed a crocidile tear, Twisted Evil not a chance, no haunts either it would get the same short shift.still here hopeing she will make a better job of being a better person next time around. Smile
Scouse Elvis

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for cheering me up Dr Bob Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: