Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Karmic Law

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Karmic Law Reply with quote

http://amirtofangsazan.blogspot.com/

Why cretins shouldn't feck with geeks.
Cool Devil Grin

Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope I'm not breaking any site rules, in fairness Honest Amir is claiming he has been libeled.
Not as funny if you assume the lad is innocent. Which I don't 'cause I'm a vicious bast.

Gaz

Site Admin
Display Name: Gaz
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the guy is innocent either - I think he's broken his laptop and tried to make a quick buck by selling it to who he thought was an unsuspecting mug. He's assumed that the laptop was completely dead, and is now protesting his innocence because, basically, he doesn't want the world to know that he's a lying, cheating, pervert!

Oh, and it's really funny too - the guy has the tone of that website spot on!

Can't get worse, might get better...
Has always been my way of thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw about that, it's most amusing. And, like you, I also doubt Amir's innocence.

Speaking of ebay scammers, tyhat's led to the resurgance of the classic "Powerbook" tale, anybody heard about that?

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Berry

Display Name: Blonde Ross
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this guy come across in any way as innocent. He says blatantly that he knew it was broken and lied about various aspects of the specifications. I might be getting confused though...
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berry - the blog isn't set-up by Amir himself, but rather the laptop buyer.

Amir himself claims to be training to be a doctor and that these lies have ruined his reputation, or words to that effect.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gaz

Site Admin
Display Name: Gaz
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the extracts from his CV - especially his personal statement where he finds it necessary to estimate the last time he was late for something to illustrate his "quality" of punctuality.

And whereas punctuality may be a quality he values, punctuation obviously isn't, unless one of his hobbies really is "cooking the stock market"..... Grin

Can't get worse, might get better...
Has always been my way of thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I wouldn't employ anybody with that sort of stuff on their CV.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: