Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
FAO GOD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: FAO GOD Reply with quote

Just been reading some of this 10500 BC Orion Correlation Theory stuff and it sounds like your sort of thing. Any input?

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grham Hancock stuff or something with some credibility?
fourpints

Club Member
Display Name: Fourpints
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to have graham hancocks phone number, never did get round to calling him up and annoying him

(edit) just found it if anyone wants it. Maybe get hold of him to a "serious" artical for the merc?!

Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could tell him you're from a respectable Michigan publication [do they have any of those?] and ask him with a great deal of innocense some awkward questions. A transcript might be entertaining. Idea
Timmeh!

Site Admin
Display Name: Tim McGregor
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't all that orion theory stuff debunked a while back?
The guy spent years saying to people "look the egyptians exactly lined up their pyramids with Orion's belt as it wold've appeared thousands of years ago in all these groovy ways, they must've been really advanced" and then some real scientists looked at his data, found it be suspect (among other things he hadn't taken procession into account) and that the positions were off by a few degrees. Then he started saying things like "I'm still right. Look these were egyptians, they're a primitive society, they were trying to line it up, they just didn't get it quite right" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Wasn't all that orion theory stuff debunked a while back?

So I was reading. There seemed to be about three sources quoting it and a whole bunch of stuff saying why it was off. It's a nice idea with that and other sets of pyramids 108 degrees away and whatnot, but that's about it I was expecting. It did kill some time though so I was wondering what people that are likely to have done far more reading on the topic than a quick scan of some websites reckoned.

Dave - I feel a Merc article on it would be most amusing. Getting him to do a convention panel would be potentially hilarious.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
COD

Club Member
Display Name: Paul
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're being very cruel to the man. Mr Hancock has done wide ranging research on his subject matter, without the help of me or anybody else for that matter. Granted his findings could be so easily debunked, and have been. Perhaps a bit more kindness toward the man wouldn't go amiss, plus, for those with a genuine interest, perhaps this link will clarify the mind;
www.link-mail.com/41100.html

Personally, I'm offended that geoff would associate me with such an individual, whom I've no axe to grind, but who is certainly not on the top of my 'goto' list for pyrimidical information.
Incidentally, the www.link is my way of being satirical, not meant to be taken as a serious afiliation I might want to keep.

GOD

Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the one that brought up Mr Hancock not young Geoff. You might like to consider the possibility that he was interested in any comment you had on the subject he brought up in the initial post.

Hancock is a pseudo-science profiteer. He deserves no more pitty than Honest Amir.

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Personally, I'm offended that geoff would associate me with such an individual, whom I've no axe to grind, but who is certainly not on the top of my 'goto' list for pyrimidical information.

On the contrary, I thought of you as the pyramid man - the one most likely to have been aware of the stuff and therefore have some relevant information either way to hand.

COD

Club Member
Display Name: Paul
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now I've succesfully rubbed you all up the wrong way, by my own doing and unintentionally, here's what I forgot to do.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Guys, I only got off the planelast night, a little tired but full of the joys of workdoom, I'm sorry I got the provider of the name Hancock mixed up.
I'm not a perfect GOD, just tedious.

Laughing

G

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No harm done.
Good flight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: