Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
We Call It Life.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: We Call It Life. Reply with quote

http://streams.cei.org/

If you have hat bleak sense of humour that means you go into paroxysms of laughter when lesser mortals would despair this may be good for your health.

Timmeh!

Site Admin
Display Name: Tim McGregor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL that is truly awesome. I particularly love the reversed video of the bit of glacier falling off; as if that's gonna make people think "oh look, the glaciers are rebuilding themselves, global warming is a myth!"

Fucking retards!

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stealth, are you a Consumerist reader by any chance?

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not been one in the past. A quick glance makes it seem interesting enough. Does it come with your recommendation?
swineherd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we didn't laugh we would cry.

Have any of you read Thank You for Smoking? There are characters who produce propaganda like this, one works for Big Tobacco, one for the liquor industry and one for the gun industry--they call themselves the MOD (merchants of death).

I fancy myself a cynic, but this is just too evil.

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Does it come with your recommendation?

I've recently dabbled in it and they reference some interesting news articles - including a reference to that advert, which is just why I was wondering. I quite like news from elsewhere, it helps me find information I might not otherwise discover. I've not yet been reading it long enough to say if it's a recommendation, but it seems wort looking at, I know I've found a few noteworthy articles from it.

Incidentally, on the tack of dodgy adverts - I've recently discovered one that's just plain wrong. It's for The Oozinator and I seriously wonder about the marketing executives behind it.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Janet

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that on Warren Ellis, only he didn't list the name, just gave it the headline, "America Sells Cronenbergesque Cumshot Gun". Gods, I love Warren Ellis no matter how much damage he does to my brain. Reading his site makes me feel like I'm on the wrong side of an abusive relationship.
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scientist quoted has said this

Oh my... Rolling Eyes
I 'liked' the "Major Pumping" version with the hip-hop sound track.
Slightly less amusing now that I've heard the news from Holland and Ireland.Confused

I've bookmarked The Consumerist. Thumbs Up

Last edited by Azathoth on Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Janet

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm not as much a big city girl as I like to think, but whenever they show the shot of the two-storey lighted billboards and say "it lights up our lives", I think that I could happily do without enormous, lighted advertising. Really, an end to light pollution would be a great bonus of peak oil.
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I wonder if some organisations don't think they have something to gain long-term from there being only the kinds of oil not traditional viewed as viable. I wonder if they think the US alone would be able to afford economicly and be equiped technological to make use of such oils and thus retain it's global supremecy where as before it looked as if it was gonna implode before we got half way through this century. Anyone notice how cheap dollars are? If OPEC had the balls to switch to Euros right now we might really see some interesting times. Hard times especially since about 50% of the UK economy is driven directly by the US. But interesting.

-- End Paranoia Sequence --

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: