Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
X men 3 (Spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I am more than 24 hours later and I've still not slept, and I'm not even on my way to Brooklyn...

I would just like to note that I have for first time after many weeks of going to the cinny and watching rather dumb films or disappointing films, today two of the three I watched were by comparisson great films by several orders of magnitude! 'Down In The Valley' and 'Secuestro Express' should be seen by anyone that films that are engaging, which I do, even if I do consider 'Dude Where's My Car' to one of the finnest films ever made. Very Happy

Janet

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very happy to report that I got to see Howl's Moving Castle at the Flint Institute of Arts on Friday. Of all the films that I meant to see last year and missed, this was the only one that I was really upset about missing. It was absolutely great, and they actually put in comfortable seats that you could sit in normally when they rebuilt the auditorium. Imagine, I got to see a great film and wasn't suffering major neck pain afterward. Why that's unheard of!
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to an Odeon last year - the one in Brighton - they must have put new seats in since last I went, 10 years ago, because for the first time ever I managed to see a film at an Odeon without getting a numb behind. I went to see Big Fish in Cheltenham when that came out. It was absolute torture!
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our local cinema rates poorly for seating. Also for functional air conditioning. And so on. Perhaps it'll improve now it's changed hands, but I'm uncertain.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cinny I'm a member of obeys the laws of physics, with icey cold screens on the ground floor and sweltering screens on the 2nd, with the bar on the first floor being of a comfortable temperature...
Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janet wrote:
I am very happy to report that I got to see Howl's Moving Castle at the Flint Institute of Arts on Friday. Of all the films that I meant to see last year and missed, this was the only one that I was really upset about missing. It was absolutely great, and they actually put in comfortable seats that you could sit in normally when they rebuilt the auditorium. Imagine, I got to see a great film and wasn't suffering major neck pain afterward. Why that's unheard of!

They were supposed to show that at last years world Con but the last minute it was pulled out. but I now have the DVD to watch at home Very Happy as it was a film adaption of Diana's book as an Author I rate her highly,but then I am bit biased as I have been reading her books for years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: