Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
HI EX and Valentines day
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stacey

Display Name: Stacey
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: HI EX and Valentines day Reply with quote

Off to yet another comic con tomorrow, Hi Ex in Inverness http://www.hi-ex.co.uk/home.htm, Mike Carroll one of the guests. I'm really looking forward to it. Can't think of a nicer way to spend Valentines weekend then with my lovely boyfriend at a comic con.

What you lot up to?
Timmeh!

Site Admin
Display Name: Tim McGregor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be studiously ignoring valentines day. As a firmly established couple we believe in giving valentines day back to it's rightful owners, the stalkers and anonymous sex pests, and doing our bit for saving the planet by not giving each other pointless cards. Smile

Oh and I'll be celebrating my birthday by playing Guitar Hero World Tour with my mates and drinking beer. Smile

Display Name: Helen
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday Timmeh!

I spent new year playing rock band, it was great, drums, 2 guitars and vocals. We were the noisiest house in the area! My rendition of (hell, I can't remember what it was now) got us booed off the stage, but Moonage Daydream went down a storm!

I forgot it was valentines and so will be spending the weekend up north with my parents. I'm not a big one for valentines. Too many years of miserable ones have left me with a bah humbug attitude even now I've got one (a valentine, not a humbug).

Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that reminds me, Tim, how do you regard Welsh Whiskey?
Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday my WOC bestest friend Metal Hand (Right) We will We will rock... Thumbs Up
Timmeh!

Site Admin
Display Name: Tim McGregor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azathoth wrote:

If you're referring to the Penderryn (the only one I've tried, and I'm led to believe the only Welsh single malt) 'tis very tasty. Someone bought me a little bottle at xmas.

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bottle of that at home actually.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmeh! wrote:
Azathoth wrote:

If you're referring to the Penderryn (the only one I've tried, and I'm led to believe the only Welsh single malt) 'tis very tasty. Someone bought me a little bottle at xmas.

I was.

Boggwoppit

Club Member

Display Name: Hugh Morris
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Valentines you sexy lot. Even you Humbugs I loves ya all. Mwahx Very Happy
Gaz

Site Admin
Display Name: Gaz
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past few years we've tried to ignore Valentine's Day, but always ended up crumbling at the last minute and getting cards etc. This year I think we've finally got it.... no cards or gifts, just a nice meal in the house after the boy has gone to sleep, which should be fairly early coz he's at his best friend's birthday party this afternoon.

Can't get worse, might get better...
Has always been my way of thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
barking owl

Display Name: Kirsty
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the tradition, old charter etc etc, of having grown up with Blue Peter (he was green when we started) and since I am a complete skinflint, this year I have made a card Twisted Evil

I did however pay off his student loans, so thats gotta count for something

robertrankin

SproutMaster

Display Name: Robert Rankin
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it is a fact well known to those who know it well, I am a soppy romantic and very much in love with the lovely wife. And so the lovely wife and I began the day with presents and love, went out to Carrotts Cafe for a fry-up and a loving walk along the beach (what a beautiful day). We are now all dressed up and about to go for sushi and then a cabaret burlesque type jobbie at the Concorde.
Long live love and Valentine's Day.
And happy birthday to you Tim.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
monkey

Display Name: stewart
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertrankin wrote:
As it is a fact well known to those who know it well, I am a soppy romantic and very much in love with the lovely wife. And so the lovely wife and I began the day with presents and love, went out to Carrotts Cafe for a fry-up and a loving walk along the beach (what a beautiful day). We are now all dressed up and about to go for sushi and then a cabaret burlesque type jobbie at the Concorde.
Long live love and Valentine's Day.
And happy birthday to you Tim.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i hope you have a good time,
i for the first time in at least 5 years decided to be romantic and buy my wife a red rose all done up nice and everything, i placed it strategically somewhere she would find it and the response i got was W***ER what went wrong
Berry

Display Name: Blonde Ross
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine's day, a day on which Mr. Al Capone ruined a romantic night out for many diners by massacring them. Died of syphilis, he did, so there is some justice
Boggwoppit

Club Member

Display Name: Hugh Morris
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i've done my damdest all day to be romantic with breakfast in bed, belgium chockies, coffee on tap and a lovely rib eye steak for dinner. Kelly and her cold did the best they could to thwart me all day what with the "your sweet can you pass me the tissues cough! hack! blow!" And then my unborn child gets in on the act and gives her indigestion after dinner so we sort of gave up climbed on the sofa and watched Deathproof while I drank some very nice and very potent beers. Off to bed now to be kept awake all night by kellys tassing and turning and sneezing and coughing. Very Happy

Kelly if your reading this I love you you snotty pregnant thing you Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: