Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Questions about Book Signing in London tomorrow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argon

Display Name: Ian
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Questions about Book Signing in London tomorrow Reply with quote

My daughter was so impressed by meeting Robert last weekend and receiving a "Barry the Time Sprout" badge that she's keen to get hold of a copy of Armageddon -- The Musical for her to read herself and, ideally, to get it signed by Robert at Forbidden Planet tomorrow.

Unfortunately, the Forbidden Planet website indicates that Armageddon 1 is a special order and is not kept in stock.

I therefore have two questions:

1. Can anyone suggest another bookshop close to Forbidden Planet in London which is likely to have this book in stock? If need be, I'll make a 'phone call and try to reserve a copy.

2. Would it be acceptable for us to bring in a book tomorrow purchased from elsewhere for Robert to sign? I already have my hardback copy of Necrophenia purchased last weekend.

Many thanks for any help.

Ian
Timmeh!

Site Admin
Display Name: Tim McGregor
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of a bookshop where you can get a copy I can't help you.
However, it will almost certainly be fine for you to take your own books in for signing. Almost every event has at least one person who brings their entire collection along and I've never seen anyone complain, least of all Robert.

Site Admin
Display Name: James Bacon
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foyles on Charing X Rd and bout 10 minutes walk may have it,

waterstones picadilly is huge

further afield, is The Fantasy Centre on Holloway Rd, about 30 mins on tube and walk, but the best place for rankins really

J

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also a Waterstones by Charing Cross, and the whole road has rather a few bookshops, though not all will be suitable.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dex

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the Forbidden Planet website indicates that Armageddon 1 is a special order and is not kept in stock.

i was reading one in waterstones in nottingham, so it is readilly available Very Happy at least in paper back.

getting a hardcover will be more problematiucal as it's been outa print for about 20 years, lol.

But as jumbo says you may be able to get a copy from the fantasy centre as they usually have hard back armageddon's as well as other rankin 1st's

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of coming along for a stint tomorrow (well, more the pub afterwards) - who else is going?

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going Thumbs Up as Waterstones Chiswick ran out of hardcovers so I need to get this one signed.

Last edited by Dr.Bob on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Argon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about Book Signing in London tomorrow Reply with quote

Re. Armageddon -- The Musical

Many thanks for all of those suggestions on bookshops near to the Forbidden Planet in London.

Thanks also to Timmeh! for confirming that it wouldn't be bad form for us to bring the book with us if we find it,

Ian
Captain Fantastic

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there, as ever - if you haven't yet got your Necrophenia T-shirts I will have a limited supply with me, 10 Wink
Definitely up far a couple of pints after Geoff, as I would imagine many others are Very Happy

http://web.mac.com/icase Photos from events.
www.zombiecon.co.uk
Argon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to report that we went away very happy from yesterday's book signing: my daughter with a signed copy of Armageddon -- The Musical (some proper reading for her now that she's finished the Twilight series) and her younger brother with a signed copy of Knees Up, Mother Earth (which he'll wait until he's a bit older to read).

We were lucky, though. Before we went to the book signing, we looked without success in Blackstones, Borders and Foyles in Charing Cross Road for Armageddon -- The Musical, only to find a single copy on display when we arrived at Forbidden Planet.

I imagine that our kiddies may be amongst the youngest to supply "donkey ears" to Robert on camera:

Many thanks to Robert for helping to encourage a new generation of readers. I'm sure they'll get to understand all of the humour eventually. Very Happy
The Scouse One

Display Name: Darren
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Argon, glad you got your copy of Armageddon Thumbs Up

I took my camera with me, and forgot to take a pic Crying or Very sad
Gaz

Site Admin
Display Name: Gaz
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argon wrote:
I'm glad to report that we went away very happy from yesterday's book signing: my daughter with a signed copy of Armageddon -- The Musical (some proper reading for her now that she's finished the Twilight series) and her younger brother with a signed copy of Knees Up, Mother Earth (which he'll wait until he's a bit older to read).

Well done that man. I for one wouldn't be here today if it weren't for my father "encouraging" me down certain literary paths. In my case it was being practically forced to read HHGTGG.

Can't get worse, might get better...
Has always been my way of thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SproutJaw All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: