Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Necrophenia Day 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boggwoppit

Club Member

Display Name: Hugh Morris
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Necrophenia Day 1 Reply with quote

Well day one is over. we have a new Flying Swan, a new Captain at the helm, a new award handed out and the same old Toot. For those of you who couldn't make the ceremony that's it in a nut shell.

I'm guessing the book signing has started now at the invisible waterstones and in a few short hours more drinking will be done at the book launch party and if Ican ever get away from work today i'll join them.

Mask

Club Member
Display Name: Tricia
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about you all, thanks for the run down. Can't wait to go buy my book this week, just a shame I can't make a book signing, as my nearest is in Liverpool, and I'm working. Sad

Still, having the book will be good enough I guess. Maybe one day I'll get the chance to meet the man himself. In the meantime, I'll continue to lurk around on here, and soon the new site. Making a nuisance of myself. Tongue

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather with......chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other,body totally worn out, and screaming " Woo Hoo, what a ride "
theladyinthestrawhat

Display Name: amy amy amy
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall be attending to signing one hour after the end of my last January exam in the small city that will be host to the Sproutie event in March (that I shall also be attending, if I can't get to the events, bring them to me Very Happy ).

I wont be in my straw hat though as it's about -10 in Derby at the moment. I'll have a nice wolly hat though as well as my Necrophenia t-shirt.

Gaz

Site Admin
Display Name: Gaz
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. By now the party should be well underway.

I shall be at the signing in Newcastle on Monday night - if any other local folks are there that I don't already know, please make yourselves known!

Can't get worse, might get better...
Has always been my way of thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
matthew dunderdale

Display Name: matthew dunderdale
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my copy of the book in waterstones on the isle of man on tuesday... still reading some books i got for christmas so i've yet to start the new RR, but i'll get there

red dwarf series 6, "legion"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Argon

Display Name: Ian
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can report that the book signing in Chiswick today was well-attended and that Robert was in fine fettle. I overheard one member of staff at the Waterstones store remarking to another that book signings are rarely as popular as this one.

It was great to meet Robert and to obtain his elaborate personal inscription on a hardback copy of Necrophenia, as well as his signature on the insert from my audio CD set of The Brightonomicon. My daughter was delighted to receive a "Barry the Time Sprout" badge and to purchase a T-shirt which she will wear proudly to advertise the rest of the book tour. My son was pleased to be able to take the following photo of me meeting Robert:

I managed to guess the identity of Captain Fantastic and introduce myself to him. I'm sure that others from this forum must have been close by as well. Apologies for missing you if so (unfortunately it wasn't possible for me to attend the party in the evening) but I hope to get a better chance to make your acquaintance in the near future.

'Twas a good day out for all of us! Many thanks to Robert and to everyone else involved in setting it up. Grin
hokusbloke

Display Name: Sir Neil Gardner
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Piccies from day one & day two Reply with quote

Hi all

Hopefully this link will work...piccies from day 1 of the launch. It is a facebook album, but apparently accessible to anyone...let me know if it doesn't work and I'll find another way:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=70786&l=64117&id=536001990

Day 2 piccies are here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=70963&l=4c133&id=536001990

I havne't gotten around to tagging everyone in every photot yet, but if you see yourself or someone you know, do please tag them. And if you aren't already a FB friend, do please add me (Neil Gardner), as it would be nice to stay in touch with you all.

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic couple of days...here's to another year of Rankin-themed madness!

n Smile

Boxset 17.99
Download 15.99
Lady Clara

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like much fun was had!! Hurrah!
70's Matt

Display Name: 70's Matt
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, well the hour and a half we were there was great! Sadly the 4th Doctor got VERY ill all over a pavement outside and had to be taken home Sad
Nice to have met you, shame it was so short. Here's to next time!
Cheers, The Two Doctors.

then you might just turn pink!
Oh Elephant of ink.
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, here's a list of some of the things various people said needed to be remebered:

Cruise of the gods.
Father Christmas do not touch me.
Creationist museum in Portsmouth, with piratey visitation on talk like a pirate day.

And other such toot, but this is just what I scribbled down so that people could look them up and organise bits.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
reddragon70

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are finally home from the Necrophenia launch weekend.

Wow what a great time we had. Drunk some very good beers, enjoyed some very good company, talked some really quality toot. All in all a major success. Even my good lady, who has never been to anything like this, had a wonderful time. And of course that is all due in no small part to the wornderful people of Sproutlore.

I hope you all had as much fun as we did. I know Robert certainly did. He was like dog with two tails. And now so am I, another 4 signed first editions in my collection Grin

Thanks to all, especially those who organised the event. Great job, well done. The future looks good for the club. I hope to see you all again very soon.
Stacey

Display Name: Stacey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaz me old mucker, I shall be there on Monday night, twill be lovely to see you bonny lad x
matthew dunderdale

Display Name: matthew dunderdale
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really gotta get to an event at some point, and bring my copies of all the books with me... has robert ever signed 1 copy of each of his published works in a row for 1 person before?? that would be worth the price of a couple of pints of large and the photo's...

red dwarf series 6, "legion"
Timmeh!

Site Admin
Display Name: Tim McGregor
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthew dunderdale wrote:
has robert ever signed 1 copy of each of his published works in a row for 1 person before?? that would be worth the price of a couple of pints of large and the photo's...

It's been close; I've seen him sign whole holdall's full of books for one person, but of course there are now more books, so it would still be a record.

Club Member
Display Name: Tricia
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a shy, introvert that has a wannabe extrovert being repressed inside. I appreciate the photos of the events. Smile

I'd never have the confidence to take part even if you were at the end of my street. I have to admit it to myself.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, the photos made me laugh, especially the photos of Robert in the crab suit Smile

Maybe I'll turn up at something one day as Cartoon Head from the Ideal progammes, it'd fit in with the Mask theme. And I could hide away Smile

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather with......chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other,body totally worn out, and screaming " Woo Hoo, what a ride "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SproutJaw All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: