Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Necrophenia book launch weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertrankin

SproutMaster

Display Name: Robert Rankin
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now getting pretty scared because the Brentford Mercury advertising this event to the many Sproutlorians who do not regularly check this website has been delayed again and again and what with the Christmas post there is now a terrible danger that it will not arrive on doormats in time for people to book rooms etc. And this is an important event for me, my thirtieth book launch . I am afeared! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
reddragon70

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping to be able to get to this event. However there is a bit of a razor blade in the candy floss of my life. My employer. First bloody ScotRail. I have asked for the days off, well in advance i may add, there is cover for the shifts, there should be no problem. Or rather there wouldnt be if you worked for a company that is reasonable, sensible, understanding and not at all like a collective of vindictive bastards who only want to screw you over.

So tomorrow i have the pleasure of phoning the roster clerk to hassle him. If I get no joy then I have to phone my boss, who really hates my guts as he used to be a union rep and is now a manager and I said that "Judas was content to take only 30 pieces of silver for selling out" right to his face, and I have to ask this clown to help me. Oh dear.

If that fails there is always phoning Stevie Montgomery. Yeah the acting MD of ScotRail. Shame hes a git and he hates drivers.

All in all this could be an interesting week.
Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case can't you ask your union to help if your manager is prejuiced against you.
Deep Black

Club Member
Display Name: Andi
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert: could you get James or Ian to do a mail out. Pre Merc advertising it. A postcard or letter to all members? or some such idea?
Argon

Display Name: Ian
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must ask a seemingly stupid question...

Where is the Waterstones in Chiswick? I've visited the Waterstones web site and it doesn't list a store in Chiswick, nor does it show any book signing event with Robert Rankin on Saturday 10th January 2009 on the events page.

Is the London book signing event being held at a rogue Waterstones store moored temporarily at Chiswick on 10th January, with staff dressed in pirate outfits? If so, then I like the sound of it! Very Happy

It might still be useful to have some directions in order to find it on the day, though.
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here? http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&hs=S41&resnum=0&q=waterstones%20chiswick&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
robertrankin

SproutMaster

Display Name: Robert Rankin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Google for that! I got a bit worried there.
Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argon wrote:
I must ask a seemingly stupid question...

Where is the Waterstones in Chiswick? I've visited the Waterstones web site and it doesn't list a store in Chiswick, nor does it show any book signing event with Robert Rankin on Saturday 10th January 2009 on the events page.

Is the London book signing event being held at a rogue Waterstones store moored temporarily at Chiswick on 10th January, with staff dressed in pirate outfits? If so, then I like the sound of it! Very Happy

It might still be useful to have some directions in order to find it on the day, though.
If you are traveling by tube get off at Turnham Green turn left out of the station, walk down to the High Rd. turn right and Waterstones is only a two minute walk. Thumbs Up
Argon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that!

This appears to be a "stealth" Waterstones as it isn't not listed on the official site. I smell a conspiracy. With a pirate theme. I've only just noticed that "conspiracy" contains the word "piracy". How significant is that?

I think I'd be a bit cross with Waterstones if I were an resident of the Chiswick area and I concluded from the events page that I'd have to travel to Durham, Leeds, Liverpool etc to get a book signed by my favourite author, only then to hear him tell me that he was in my back yard a few days previously.
lostcarpark

Site Admin
Display Name: James Shields
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robertrankin wrote:
I am now getting pretty scared because the Brentford Mercury advertising this event to the many Sproutlorians who do not regularly check this website has been delayed again and again and what with the Christmas post there is now a terrible danger that it will not arrive on doormats in time for people to book rooms etc. And this is an important event for me, my thirtieth book launch . I am afeared! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

There's no need to panic. I was very sick last week and wasn't able to work on it properly, so it was a bit of a panic to get things finished at the weekend, but it went to the printers yesterday, which was the deadline we'd been working towards. James should have the printed issues back tomorrow, giving him ample time to get them in the pre-Christmas post.

It's a bit of a monster issue, over double the size of the average issue.

I hope you all enjoy it.

James

reddragon70

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really looking to good for me getting to this one. The work have totally stuffed me. I do have a super duper last ditch emergency plan but it depends on one of the guys I work with who is notoriously unreliable when it comes to helping out. If this fails than that is it. No chance at all of me getting there.

I should know by the weekend.
70's Matt

Display Name: 70's Matt
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all! New on here. *waves a bit* But old Robert Fan. I shall be coming to the fancy dress etc on the saturday! Look forward to meeting you all!
Be nice to see that Smashing Mr Rankin again too, it's been about ten years I reckon, a book signing at FP in London, don't recall which book now. But it was ever so good I'm sure!
Please feel free to chat on here with me, typing is the only thing that keeps my hands out of the Maltessers box Very Happy

then you might just turn pink!
Oh Elephant of ink.
Rachie D

Club Member
Display Name: Rachie D
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Matt.

It's going to be a fab weekend.

Welcome to the Party!!! Very Happy
Captain Fantastic

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt, and welcome Very Happy
I have just placed your order and tickets in an envelope and will be walking to the post box very soon Thumbs Up

http://web.mac.com/icase Photos from events.
www.zombiecon.co.uk
70's Matt

Display Name: 70's Matt
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rachie D! Not too far from me I see. And Hello to you too Sir and thanks for posting my gear so damn fast Wink
Rather excited about the big night (I don't get out much what with the rash and all Laughing )
Might even see if I can get an hotel room and stay over so I can drink more and show myslef up good and proper!

then you might just turn pink!
Oh Elephant of ink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SproutLaw All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: