Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Necrophenia book launch weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
h.korbey

Display Name: Lucky
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello all, i have got my tickets for the fancy dress and am looking forward to my chrismas project ...the costume! much to my partners dismay his mum is due down so she and i will be taking over the table with sewing machine and patterns!
To make up for this he is off to play UFS Streetfighter in Aldershot, they have released a new set of must have cards just before christmas!!
There are a whole gang of UFS players from colchester so your end of the world must be better! look forward to going there sometime soon!!
See you all there!
Dr.Bob

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian just ordered my ticket no rush as I will be in Scotland for the festive period Merry Chripmas and all that old ballocks. Wink Laughing
reddragon70

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay managed to get time off for the book launch weekend! Took a bit of machiavelian swapping of shifts but I think that is it all sorted. Just need to buy tickets now. Got hotel booked already. Babysitter is.... not sorted.... Bollocks. Well just another in a long line of problems to be over come. But I am confident that I shall remain triumphant!!
Timmeh!

Site Admin
Display Name: Tim McGregor
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddragon70 wrote:
Took a bit of machiavelian swapping of shifts

So you secretively got some ladies to switch their chemises in an immoral fashion? I don't understand how that would help. Unless maybe you bribed your boss to give you some extra holiday with the video of said event? Wink

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn right.... It was my boss (stephen) wearing said corset!
Rachie D

Club Member
Display Name: Rachie D
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70's Matt wrote:
Hello Rachie D! Not too far from me I see. And Hello to you too Sir and thanks for posting my gear so damn fast Wink
Rather excited about the big night (I don't get out much what with the rash and all Laughing )
Might even see if I can get an hotel room and stay over so I can drink more and show myslef up good and proper!

Hi Matt

If you do decide to stay over I shall be driving back to Ipswich on the Sunday, so can always drop you off on the way. Very Happy
70's Matt

Display Name: 70's Matt
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachie D wrote:
70's Matt wrote:
Hello Rachie D! Not too far from me I see. And Hello to you too Sir and thanks for posting my gear so damn fast Wink
Rather excited about the big night (I don't get out much what with the rash and all Laughing )
Might even see if I can get an hotel room and stay over so I can drink more and show myslef up good and proper!

Hi Matt

If you do decide to stay over I shall be driving back to Ipswich on the Sunday, so can always drop you off on the way. Very Happy

Oh most kind! I reckon we'll come down for the do then drive home after, well I wont drive as I will be drunk and shameful! The hotel rooms are a bit dear I reckon and you have to pay EXTRA for breakfast!!! The cheek! That was the bit I was most looking forward too!
Thanks for the kind offer though.

then you might just turn pink!
Oh Elephant of ink.
Loz

Display Name: Loz McGregor
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70's Matt wrote:
The hotel rooms are a bit dear I reckon and you have to pay EXTRA for breakfast!!! The cheek! That was the bit I was most looking forward too!

I was thinking of going to a local place for brekkie as I thought the hotel was pricey, too. Can anyone recommend a café?
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tradition at these things has had everyone go to the plume, or whatever it's really called.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gaz

Site Admin
Display Name: Gaz
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Random Me wrote:
Tradition at these things has had everyone go to the plume, or whatever it's really called.

The Paradise Cafe was the one we used during Brentcon - 2 mins walk from the Premier.

Can't get worse, might get better...
Has always been my way of thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the bunny.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brucey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just cleared it with the boss (Mrs Brucey), but will only be at the book signing on Saturday. Are people meeting anywhere before hand?
Argon

Display Name: Ian
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to be at the book signing at the invisible Waterstones in Chiswick on Saturday along with my wife and two kids. With a bit of luck, we'll be able to identify Mr Rankin without too much trouble, but we're unlikely to recognise anyone else from here without some clues.

Any suggestions? Smile
brucey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leather jacket with Adam Ant logo on back and necrophenia t-shirt! See you there, I hope!
Argon

Display Name: Ian
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm not sure what I'll be wearing yet (it probably won't be fancy dress!) but I should have my wife and two kids with me and I look like this:

I'll keep an eye out for you. I'd hazard a guess that your jacket will be a better bet than the t-shirt to differentiate you from others!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SproutLaw All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: