Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
David Blaine - once more
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dex

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably very similar to the one where he gets the barman to sign a ten pound note and then makes it disapear (sometimes by 'puting' it into an orange!!!) and the tenner turns up back in the till.

He does all the nifty handwork, tells the barman to look in the till and there's the note, signed and looking a bit worse for ware what with all the screwing up and everything.

The beer bottle lark is probably done in the same way. while everyone is watching the orange he's sticking the note in, no one is looking where the note has really gone, so while they're all watching the flying over the shoulder cards no one is looking at the beer glass / bottle?

they are buggers for the miss-direction lark these magician lads.

i've tried it when i'm paying money in at the bank, but the teller always sees that the money has gone in my pocket and not in their till machine things. Even Derren Brown would have no joy down at the local HSBC!

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was somebody doing similar tricks and you could tell where he'd hidden it and everything. I was deeply unimpressed.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SamHayden

Display Name: Sam Hayden
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the one (SUCCESSFULLY) where he gets them to choose a card at random from a pack or cards and then shoes it to them.

It is all to do with suggestion, as is any trick where you make people think of something. (seem to remember something to do with a portait of Orsen Wells)

"Say 'Yes' more." ~ Unknown
Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to get great pleasure out of doing Lister's trick with a coin on folks forehead.
Can't think why.

dex

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought listers trick with the camfer-wood guitar on the fire to keep warm was priceless Smile
COD

Club Member
Display Name: Paul
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bet David Blaine hasn't got two of himself like me. His other self could do allsorts of tom-foolery about the place, whilst Blaine the original could sit about ina plastic box and wave. People would gasp at his ingenieousnessness. However he hasn't so ner! No, I'm not a twin. Accident at work.

GOD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: