Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Lost - with a good book
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamHayden

Display Name: Sam Hayden
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about my theory then which cannot (as yet) be proved wrong.

At the very edges, the universe itself has pink tassles like a flamboyant carpet.

However, God, I would ask if you are putting all your hope in this one particle explaining the unexplainable. If you are right and this particle is there and can be tuned into and for those in tune to see certain things, then maybe by finding it, studying it, and quantifying it you are putting this world at risk?

Think about it, if this particle as you say is that by understanding it we can see certain future events.

Well I ask you this, could someone find a way of manipulating it to suit themselves, to make events go in such a way that they have complete control over every life event? Would you trust anyone with that?

"Say 'Yes' more." ~ Unknown
COD

Club Member
Display Name: Paul
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually at the periphery of the universe is this thing called an edge, and it goes all the way around at an infinate distance incalculable, but if you were to pan back into the big unknown to get a viewable perspective of the Universe, you would find it was oval in shape, the whole Universe, and shaped like a big bowl with a large hole in the centre. In fact I would go even further to suggest, and this is a theory, so I can't be proven wrong, I would suggest the universe is shaped like a big fat arsehole, and all the stuff that dispered from the 'arsehole' is the mess we live in at the moment. This is conjecture of course as many believe the universe is a giant penis waiting for the vagina of creation to appear and then reproduce many more baby universes. This is a theory, and like most scientific theories that we hope nobody understands, its fact until proven otherwise.

I'm capable of having intercourse with over twenty different women in one hour, this is fact, and if anyone would like to prove me wrong, please leave your phone number and a list of the women you intend me to consolidate this theory with.

GOD

swineherd

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three minutes a go? While this may technically constitute intercourse, that doesn't make it worth doing. Now 20 a month, that would be worth trying.
SamHayden

Display Name: Sam Hayden
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see you try with the following 20:

Anne Widdecombe,
Margaret Thatcher,
Christine Hamilton,
Camilla Parker Bowles,
The Queen.

Each one 4 times each.

Rather a foolish brag, don't you think???

"Say 'Yes' more." ~ Unknown
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him trying to convince them might be entertaining.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm....actaully the theory states that it should be twenty DIFFERENT women, otherwise they'll be too tired.

Slightly off topic now and its feeeeels goood.

GOD

Berry

Display Name: Blonde Ross
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have a huge tolerance for pain
COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm now using this as a basis for my new theory called 'That Git Called GOD', crummy title.

To the non-believers in GOD, and believers, you can't go around blaming someone that doesn't physically exist in a way we can see in order for that blame to be justified, it's nonsene. Blame fate, that's a natural phenomenon, and yet utterly random, uncontrolled, but pisses us off at the first sign of trouble. In order to blame God, you gotta believe in him first, surely there's a contradiction there for the agnostics among you?

Hmm. You know, I can't be bothered to prove or disprove the existence of anything beyond our comprehension, lifes too short. Anyway, but I can tell you, having made luuuurve to twenty women this week, in a short space of time, my experiment has resulted in several things moast notably, how to clean the house:

1. Open a new file in your PC.
2. Name it "Housework."
3. Send it to the RECYCLE BIN
4. Empty the RECYCLE BIN
5. Your PC will ask you, "Are you sure you want to delete Housework
permanently?"
6. Calmly answer, "Yes," and press the mouse button firmly......
7. Feel better?

Works for me!

GOD

G

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Movng back onto the topic of books. Why is it that most of the time when I look at books the UK ones have much better covers than the US editions? Is it just the target audience, or am I quite quite mad?

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Janet

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not mad. Well, not about this anyway. Wink I think it's because American book covers are designed based on marketing and focus group data, rather than whether they actually look good.
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be the one.

COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, and Janet might go spare at this, the cost of using a lot of ink on the cover for printing will affect the cost of printing the huge black writing inside with small words, as all American versions are thicker, to accommodate the big pictures used to describe each word. Laughing

G

swineherd

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Go spare? Reply with quote

So, at a loss for what His Ineffibleness might mean by "go spare at this," I assumed it was some form of British slang and looked it up. Here is what I found:

spare Noun. A sexually available, unattached person. Cf. 'bit of spare'.

I am going to assume that is not what was meant.

Janet

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To "go spare" means to lose one's temper. I do not tend to go spare at any insult to Americans, and only once went off on someone on the old forum for that offense. He was, however, particularly mean spirited and certainly wasn't as obviously joking as GOD is. I did learn a valuable lesson from that incident, though, which was that one of the reasons I swear like a trooper is that it's a lot nicer than what I say when I'm angry and stick to polite words.
COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I was havin a larf. I like detailed book jackets. When I was younger I loved the Asimov covers, which, as an eleven year old, was the main reason I bought them. Then I gradually got into the stories, particularly the short stories. Shows that a good cover really sells to kids. Not keen on the contemporary mularky for the continued use of white space, blood and large courier type. Still whatever floats yer boat.

G (Ineffably yours)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: