Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Lost - with a good book
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
COD

Club Member
Display Name: Paul
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh, it is one of my fields of expertise, quietly of course. Physics and God, coming ever closer together.... Means I'm right, you're right and we're all right. Embrace the divine quantum string theory.

GOD

SamHayden

Display Name: Sam Hayden
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer magic.

Gravity is all lies. It is magic.

"Say 'Yes' more." ~ Unknown
Janet

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, with you GOD. I have used quantum theory in theological discussions before. Someone was claiming that if God is omniscient and knows what you will do before you do it, that denies free will. I simply explained to them that God knows every possible decision you might make tomorrow. Like the many worlds element of super string theory would describe, God sees all the different threads of every decision everyone makes. Quantum theory is a great boon to theology.
COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a fellow Physeologian. It means then that intelligence that percieves the present in our Universe is governed by the limitations of the constants within the framework of the universe, most notably, time, which is flexible. However, to percieve the consequences of every possible action taken, took and will take, requires a re-wiring of the brains perceptive section, therefore to be a GOD within the multiverse theory, that GOD will be borne of a totally different level of intellect and thought processing, the like of which we may never percieve until shutdown. That intelligence is then revealed to us a part of the multiversal matrix, to which we are all an integral part. Like any clear cut cliche, all is revealed when we become an altered state of the programme. When we die, we are back in the main part of the thought, GOD itself. As thought is energy and the particles of thought are electron particles at a sub atomic level, thus the Higgs Boson Field, or GOD Particle, which pervades the universe at present, covers the idea of a controlling or monitoring process going on within our own universe. Tests have shown this field does interact with normal matter, but as yet any translation as the nature of the interation is unknown.
I feel a new paper coming on.

GOD

Janet

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
therefore to be a GOD within the multiverse theory, that GOD will be borne of a totally different level of intellect and thought processing, the like of which we may never percieve until shutdown.

That's very near to exactly what I say when I explain my beliefs about God, which I prefer to call the Ineffable because it is a genderless term and both plural and singular and also conveys my believes about its nature. My belief is that the reality of the Ineffable is so utterly beyond human comprehension that anything we believe is both equally true and equally untrue as anything anyone else believes. I think that the Ineffable is so complete and yet so malleable, that when you go looking for God, you basically get what you are looking for, no matter what that is. Since the Ineffable encompasses everything, what you see is true, but since your vision is limited, what you see is also false. So all the Gods throughout history existed and still exist to be called out of the Ineffable, but none of them is the whole of it.

I wonder if I am putting everyone except the two of us to sleep with this?

Lady Clara

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janet wrote:

I wonder if I am putting everyone except the two of us to sleep with this?

Nope. Smile

COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, staying well awake with this, God is in fact the Universe as we percieve it, yet God is so much more than just the one single dimension. As we live within the GOD structure, so we come to percieve it trough imagination and thought. However, the GOD strucure is vast and 'ineffable' therefore we cannot percieve it in its entireity - should there be one. Add to that the GOD structure's existence being omnisicient in all dimensions, a foot through every door - you then have a Universal thoery of worlds encompassed by the same intellectual force. Which means, therefore, there is only one true GOD. Me.

GOD

I could marry Janet.

Last edited by COD on Mon May 08, 2006 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lisa WTS-Collins

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone read the Gospel of Judas? You can d/l it as an acrobat file from the National Geog website.

VERY interesting.

Janet

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you get it completely, GOD. (No less than I should expect from an omniscient being.) Most people don't respond or just look confused when I explain that. This is great! Thumbs Up
COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It basically confirms the theory behind the Higgs Boson particle, which is in existence throughout, but also likely to move between matter and possilbly, from a Quantum perspective, move within dimensions. thats just a late theory, got to test its interaction through a Prt Acclrtr, three in fact, as the HB passes through our planetary matter.
There was, many years ago, in an obscure Science Fiction compilation book, a story about the discovery of the existence of GOD, which turned out to be an interactive energy field throughout the universe. Now I'm going off to find it. I read it when I was twelve, and it started my interest in Physics.

I'm not religious, I don't subscribe to fate, only choas and the potential to possibly see all causality at once, brain permitting. So I know all things are possible. getting in tune with GOD, leads me to think we can all see some kind of psychic link with the Universe, at some point. Maybe that accounts for De-ja-vu. A lot of people who see the future, dead people or phenomenon unexplainable, are possibly more in tune with Quantum physics than we know. Perhaps we will develop our brains in the future to be more receptive to the GOD particle.
Maybe that's our destiny, and the theological discussions and events are merely a precurser put there by a higher intelligence.
Just so we're clear, I'm not talking Scientology or Thetans either. Our minds have this potential, and life and evolution are the training given to forge a link across the Universes that exist. This leads us to think that the purpose of life itself is to complete those links needed to bring the Universe and its relative dimensions to some sort of cohesive conclusion, not an end, but possibly a new form of barrier free existence of all matter, which for the moment we will never comprehend, except, (and this is theology, but logical) in death - where the plan is revealed to us as we are absorbed back into the main programme. Its a big thought. Its logical and seems to fit the structure of a potential GOD.
Still, no-one's taken it that far yet as an educational and scientific discussion paper.

GOD

COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9.5.6 8.30am
Update.
Having re-read this, I need to point out that there is also the possibility that we aren't the only life-forms in the universe, and those out there too might share the same patten of thought processes as we do, which leads to the awsome theory that they may have a belief system in place put there in some similar way to our own in order to nurture and encourage a particualr line of thought processing. If this is the case, then, depending on the age of the civilisation, it may be thousands or billions of years before any race would be come advanced enough to transcend into the GOD entity, and it may be that we all aproach that conclusion at the same time, give a or take a few million years. Who knows, just a theory.

Suppers Ready

GOD

swineherd

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attended a Catholic university where one of our best-loved philosophy teachers was a Filipino Buddhist. Whenever he would do the kind of actual, logical questioning of religion that many of us wanted to do, he used to do this slapstick thing of poking his head out the door and looking both ways up and down the hall before closing and locking the classroom door.
COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh Laughing
My best friends a local vicar, well in with the bishop of Chester. HAving had him well pissed one night on holiday in Germnany, he confessed to all the higher echelons in the C of E going about the young modern clergy, urging them to refrain from radical new ideas on belief and GOD and to return to a more traditional way of preaching, they no things we don't, or rather they know as much has we do, nowt, but inclined to think less about it. My friend, however, isn't that way inclined and is quite interested in the mechanics of a 'natural god' which has been discussed on here.

Weird.

GOD

SamHayden

Display Name: Sam Hayden
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else think that God probably doesn't like hymns?
I think he would like a pop song to praise him. Something like:

"Oh God, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind."

I think if he were real he would much prefer that to anything most religions sing. Then again he may hate pop.
According to the bible "man was created in his image" so I imagine that he has similar taste in music to most.

So what music would God like?
What does God put on the jukebox when he goes into a pub?

"Say 'Yes' more." ~ Unknown
Stacey

Display Name: Stacey
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is easy, anything by Queen!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: