Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Life after the A-Team
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Life after the A-Team Reply with quote

So that's what he got up to afterwards!

It even lists demolitions on the side of the van.
Course, it'd have to be local only, no travelling on planes after all.

[Insert obligatory pity the fool joke here]

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lisa WTS-Collins

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pity the fool that drives a Ford Transit any time after 1985!

Now I understand the mystery text!

SamHayden

Display Name: Sam Hayden
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR T in a Ford?
Tsk tsk. Mr. T BELONGS in a GMC.
Now we have to find out what happened to Murdock, Face and Hannibal.

"Say 'Yes' more." ~ Unknown
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can look, but I can't promise to find anything around here. Perhaps they all parted and scattered to the four winds?

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stacey

Display Name: Stacey
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SamHayden wrote:
MR T in a Ford?
Tsk tsk. Mr. T BELONGS in a GMC.
Now we have to find out what happened to Murdock, Face and Hannibal.

I used to really, really fancy Face. Oh yes I did, in fact he still doesnt look half bad. Very Happy

BTW Welcome to the forum Sam!
COD

Club Member
Display Name: Paul
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murdoch cropped up as Barclay in Star-Ttrek NG and Voyager. S'all I know.

GOD

SamHayden

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is currently an A-Team going through the early production stages. Word has it that George Clooney will be handed the role of Hannibal since George Peppard died a few years back.
The other roles are still a massive mystery, it is unlikely, although not impossible, that we will see the original cast taking roles in the film since the other 3 are in their late 50s or early 60s. Plus Mr T himself is actually battling cancer.
I would bet on Jim Carey becoming Murdock, Face could be played by some random actor and Mr. T is so iconic that no one could play him. Maybe have a CG Mr. T. Why not have a CG movie, that way the originals could do the voices and a talented impressionist could do Hannibal.

Stacey

Display Name: Stacey
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Murdoch was in a couple epps of Babylon 5 too. I think he does the con circuit quite a bit as does Dirk Benedict (so pretty!) because of battlestar galactica.
COD

Club Member
Display Name: Paul
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if ol Dirk is going to crop in the New Galactica?

G

Lee

Display Name: Lee Noble
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does no-one else remember that in the first series there was fifth member. Amy 'AAA' Triple-A Amy or something like that, although I'm not quite sure how she was ever part of the crack commando squad.
Lee

Display Name: Lee Noble
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer my own question, I just did a little search, found this great article. Well it's great if you do the voices, fool.

>>From People Magazine
"Recently, the show aired its dirty linen following the firing of former model Melinda Culea, 28, the token woman on the Team. She was dumped after she taped the first 10 shows of the Team's second season and was replaced this month by Maria Heasley, 25. "Melinda was very unhappy about the size and importance of her role," says Peppard. "She came on the set frustrated, angry, a terribly discontented woman." He said she wanted more time on camera and wanted to join in the fight scenes with a few karate chops. T says she wanted more money, Culea reportedly mde $15,000 per show at first and later about $20,000 (versus T's $40,000 or so--which, though not as much as the veteran Peppard's salary, still adds up to about $1 million a year).
Peppard denies reports that he and the other stars turned on Culea like a vigilante force. "We just put up with [her discontent] and said nothing," he contends. But when the producers found out about the tension, he says, "they were furious. . . . They felt that she was harassing the team." Nobody harasses the team and gets away with it. After a warning, Cannell fired her.

Mr. T backs up Peppard. "The show was not designed for a lady," he says. "It's a story about Vietnam veterans. She wasn't in Vietnam. I told her to her face: 'You was blessed and didn't realize it. You was a sore winner.' She says that she wanted more work, more time on camera. Can you believe that? How stupid can you get? . . . Melinda, she came in griping every day. We don't need that."

Benedict seems more willing than T to admit a woman to the club. "Because we are four guys, we want a girl around," he says. "It's a dream job for an actress--God! All you have to do is show up, smile and look good."

To some, Culea may not have looked good enough. Peppard reportedly believed that the show needed "more of a bimbo." When asked about that now, all he'll say is: "If those were our needs, they were already eminently satisfied."

Culea, who has since made a Fantasy Island, reportedly found out she had been dumped from the Team when she read a script with no lines for her character. Her story is that Peppard disliked her from the start and was cruel to her, telling her she could not act. She told the producers that the part was not worthy of her. "If you can't write the role better," she said, "you don't need me." She also complained that T and Peppard grabbed all the attention, which "left me out in the cold."

SamHayden

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So she complained that a programme about Vietnam veterans had too much about vietnam veterans and not enough about girls in shoes??

Bit daft if you ask me.

Janet

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that the person who was billed as less chauvinistic said that just showing up, smiling and looking good was a dream job for an actress. Of course, actually having to act would be a terrible job, wouldn't it? Having watched a few documentaries on Bette Davis this week I'd love to see the reeducation she'd give him, preferably locked in a small room with a baseball bat.
Lisa WTS-Collins

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsk tsk! It was all a very long time ago!

T can do no wrong in my eyes.

Unless he joined a White supremacists group or something. THat would be wrong for far too may reasons.

SamHayden

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day when Mr. T is wrong is the day when the sky is the same colour as pasta and jim the monkey.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: