Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> Forum Admin & Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dex

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: New Posts Feature? (Was: Log On Stuff) Reply with quote

is this a gripe post then?

my gripe is all the pages you have to click on to get to the end of a psting. is there a sumut i can do to not have to do that? if you know what i mean?

cant it be all on the one level / page lark?

grip over and out Very Happy

Gaz

Site Admin
Display Name: Gaz
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a thread has new posts in it, the icon (or the Goto page icon if it spans multiple pages) will change colour. If you click on the icon, you should go straight to the new posts.

Can't get worse, might get better...
Has always been my way of thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> is this a gripe post then?

More an observation in case it happens again.

> my gripe is all the pages you have to click on to get to the end of a psting. is there a sumut i can do to not have to do that? if you know what i mean?

For an individual thread, yes, you can skip to the new unread stuff - see the post above or where it was mentioend elsewhere.
Or select a particular page in a multiple page thread.

As to having everything new regardless of where it's from, which is what I think you mean, I can't recall a way to do so offhand.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gaz

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Random Me wrote:
As to having everything new regardless of where it's from, which is what I think you mean, I can't recall a way to do so offhand.

On the front screen on the forum, in the top right there is a link which says "View posts since last visit", which will show you all the threads which have new posts on one screen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the bunny, I knew there was a way.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dex

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool Smile

cheers frudes

official gripe appology appoligised then Smile

change eh?

like i said before, pound notes of the crisp and blue variety're better Thumbs Up

Lee

Display Name: Lee Noble
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaz wrote:
When a thread has new posts in it, the icon (or the Goto page icon if it spans multiple pages) will change colour. If you click on the icon, you should go straight to the new posts.

I'm not sure this is working as it is supposed to. When I click on the little beige page am I right in thinking it should take me to the first post which is new to me?

Because now that some of the threads are on two or more pages, clicking it just takes me to the bottom of page 1.

Gaz

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
I'm not sure this is working as it is supposed to. When I click on the little beige page am I right in thinking it should take me to the first post which is new to me?

Because now that some of the threads are on two or more pages, clicking it just takes me to the bottom of page 1.

You're right, it doesn't work as it's supposed to when a thread first spills over into a second page - you end up being taken to the last post on page 1 rather than the first new post. Once the second page has a few posts on it it seems to work as it should.

Janet

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't working right for me on Saturday. The first time I clicked it would take me to the newest post, but if I stayed logged in, refreshed and tried it later it would take me to the same post it had the first time. This happened several times on Saturday. I would think it was only geared to when you first logged in, but the colour indicating new posts would change when I refreshed.
A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works on posts since your last visit. You'll notice there is a "your last visit was..." and also what it is now. If you leave (exiting the browser should be enough) it'll treat it as a new visit, and therefore only show posts since then.

If that makes sense to anybody but me?

Last edited by A Random Me on Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Timmeh!

Site Admin
Display Name: Tim McGregor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split this off from the login issue post so that others can see it easier if they come looking for this kind of info.

Display Name: Lee Noble
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Random Me wrote:
If you leave (exiting the browser should be enough) it'll treat it as a new visit

Makes sense I suppose but is there no way to change the behaviour? I sometimes go weeks without exiting my browser.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> Forum Admin & Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: