Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
RANKIN NEEDS YOUR HELP
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robertrankin

SproutMaster

Display Name: Robert Rankin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: RANKIN NEEDS YOUR HELP Reply with quote

Hello there, your friend and mine, Jonny Hooker typed "Pelted with stones on the common" into his Google machine to see whether the track he did on my CD had got any feedback. And guess what, it led him to a site where it is printed as a poem, along with a whole load more of mine by some chap naming himself Jimbob, or Bobjim or something, who claims that he wrote them! What a slag! Is there anything we can do to expose this plagerist swine?
Gaz

Site Admin
Display Name: Gaz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is what he found:

http://www.poemranker.com/poem-details.jsp;jsessionid=EDAD8EEA8253FD8E07CACDC1B274F16E?id=67749

There's links from that page to make a complaint about any poem, and people can also register to make comments.

However, looking at some of the other stuff that "Bobjim" has posted (e.g. so-called poems about paedophilia, necrophilia, masturbation etc.) I wouldn't be too convinced that anyone takes any notice of the comments or complaints. It may be best just to ignore him...

Can't get worse, might get better...
Has always been my way of thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dr O

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant we just beat him with a stick. You can use mine, it has nails in it and a little bit blood. being a teacher's great
calumvs

Display Name: Calum
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe RR's publishers or somebody could leave a formally worded comment saying that the poem is indeed fine, and the author has had his work plagiarised on this site. That would show Bobjim up royally, as Bobjim won't be able to take the comment out.

If you follow the link above you can see there are comments by people and Bobjim even defends one of the lines
punkjunkie

Display Name: lastpunkhero
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not only "pelted with Stones On The Common" this talent vacum has claimed as his own.Most of the Dog Called Demolition poems are posted as his work.How lame , at least I asked Robert if I could nick his work for use in my songs, speaking of which anyone want the follow up to "Pelted with Stones" that even though I say so my self is much better, well Robert said he liked it.So if you want "Pet Hatreds" let me know and I'll be happy to send it.
robertrankin

SproutMaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's nicked ten. But if you read the comments as I just have, someone caught him a couple of years back for at least one of the poems. And I do have to say that some of them got rather nice comments. He has an email address there, could we not spam him to oblivion?
calumvs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re spam him ... maybe we could all have the same message, an agreed text?

Also ... I do think that leaving 'you're a fraud' comments on that website will be helpful ... although he cheerfully admits to plagiarism when caught, if it occurs on all ten poems, he'll look like a waste of time to the other website users, and he'll know it.
robertrankin

SproutMaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for it!
robertrankin

SproutMaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poems nicked are
Plume Gateau
Shouting at Dogs
Naylor's handbag
Brand new blue book jacket
Teaching beetles to swim
The Kid
Pet Hatreds
Shoe hole
Down on Dogs
Pelted with stones on the common

Everyone a classic!!!
punkjunkie

Display Name: lastpunkhero
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really in a huge bout of moral outrage that only the most right-wing Daily Mail reader could better and I hadn't seen he'd been found out already.Still never owned up for the rest did he?
I must fess up to some minor offence quite alike but I was only 14 so I claim I didn't know any better and as I got away with it I also claim a smugness of being a lucky git.My crime was handing in a whole chapter from "Eric" by Terry Prachett as my own.I was about to confess all but my teacher gave it back and it only got a C grade and a comment saying the grammer was poor and the story made no sense.So I left it be and worried till after the exams I'd be done.I must thank him for helping me pass my GCSE sometime.
Has anyone else done similar or am I a horrid cheat?
COD

Club Member
Display Name: Paul
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO

Lets stone the bad man. Where can we find this email address and give him grief?

Bit of a poor do.

I would go look but I don't know if its workplace friendly, so I shall have to wait until home time.

G

fourpints

Club Member
Display Name: Fourpints
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a scum bag. I was recently ripped off in a similar manor by one james bacon who used my work in his article.

OK he asked me and I said sure go for it mate.

So not really the same thing.

I emailed the owner of the site and mentioned to him that it might be a good idea to take down all of "Bobjims" work.

also check out this
http://www.poemranker.com/about-poemwanker.jsp
i'm sure Bobjim will be on it soon

reddragon70

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can be bothered you should try contacting the website's owner explaining who you are and that this fecker has stolen your work in breach of copyright. Threaten large lawsuits and demand that they contact him and get him banned. Demand that they track his IP address and hopefully furnish you with his email address which may allow a half way good lawyer to get his home address from his Internet Provider. (you may run into the data protection act on this one but its worth trying) Send the heavy mob round his house and give him a sound thrashing possibly followed by optional tarring and feathering. Or just serve a writ on him for copyright infringement and plagiarism.

Ask your publishers legal dept. They usually are pretty clued up about this kinda thing Smile
Stacey

Display Name: Stacey
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should all sign up and leave comments - he sounds like a right wanker - one of his comments is "Its mine til somone points out that it isn't" what a knobend.

Also the complain about this poem link doesn't work!

Last edited by Stacey on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
calumvs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

find bobjim at

stupidnotdumb@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SproutMaster All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: