Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Whitby Gothic Weekend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reddragon70

Club Member
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Whitby Gothic Weekend Reply with quote

Well myself and the good lady wife are all set. Got our Halloween costumes all sorted. Shes doing Ruby Gloom and I am doing Agent 47 from Hitman. Got my kilt and assorted black clothes for saturday night. Groovey.

Gig tickets? Aaaah now that is a problem. I have had bugger all luck geting any. And after hearing the latest offering from Wayne Hussey (the saturday headliner) I am bloody glad. Last time I saw Hussey was way back in the mists of time when he was with The Sisters Of Mercy. He has lost it big time.

Anyway, we hope some of the sprouty crowd will be there and have some fun with us. Who knows I may bring my Zombies!!! game or possibly my Humans!!! game as well.
ttastev

Display Name: terry
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw the aforementioned mr hussey with both the sisters of mercy and the mission....long time ago now!! i was the only one not wearing black!! Laughing ps...is not every weekend in whitby "goth"??????? Twisted Evil
reddragon70

Club Member
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah technically every weekend is Whitby is a tad "Goth" however this is an organised event type thing. And its a good excuse to get dressed up in various outfits for the weekend. This year I am dressing up as Agent 47 from Hitman on Friday and the ubiquitous Victorian garb for saturday.

Oh and theres a Burlesque show as well. WHich for some reason my good lady wife really wants to go to. Who am I to argue???
robertrankin

SproutMaster

Display Name: Robert Rankin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went last year (or was it the year before? Time is moving fast) had an amazing time and met some incredible people. But you'll be stuffed without tickets for events. It seems to be the one place in England where there aren't any ticket touts. Goths are too genteel for any of that business.
reddragon70

Club Member
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True there are no touts at all. And even the few people selling tickets sell them at face value and not a penny more. But I am damned if I am going to spend 90 quid to see two bands. And not bother that much about the other 4. I'm gonna save my cash for spending on booze, clothes, burlesque shows and generally enjoying myself. Plus of course some of the bands do shows at over spill venues anyway so I can pick and choose which ones I pay to see Smile
reddragon70

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thats the Whitby thing over for another year. Had a great time. Drank far too much, met some really nice people and got to wear loads of really nice clothes. Spent far too much money (mostly on booze) but really enjoyed it.

Only problem was some idiots taking our pictures without asking. It was on the saturday and the wife and I were with friends in our Victorian finery and constantly had folk sticking SLR cameras in our faces and taking pics. If they had asked we would gladly have posed for them. However I object to someone just taking my picture without permission. There is a law against that in Scotland, however i hear that is not the case in England. Oh well.
VictoriaJay

Display Name: Vix Johnston
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are under the age of 16 snappers are likely to get into trouble unless they have written permission from parents/guardians etc. A lot of schools have banned camcorders from thier annual performances (and provided carefully vetted event photographers) to get around certain problems... unfortunately there is no such taboo for the rest of us - i try to avoid cameras as much as poss, but it seems that there are 5 more tags being put on facebook with my name on them!
reddragon70

Club Member
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well next time some twat with a camera shoves it in my face and takes a picture I am going to walk straight up to them and demand a tenner or offer to knock him insensible with his own camera. There may or may not be a legal precedent for this but I think it would be worth trying.

As far as I am concerned my face is my own private property and is not to be used for someone to profit from without me getting slice of the proceeds. Hence why I want them to ask for permission first. If I grant that permission they can do what they wish and freely too. If not then their ass is grass and I am a lawnmower...
VictoriaJay

Display Name: Vix Johnston
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One very unusual metaphor there, friend...
Lady Clara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddragon70 wrote:
If not then their ass is grass and I am a lawnmower...

You mean you'll sit in the shed rusting away while their arse becomes 90% weed 10% toilet for the neighbours cat? Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: