Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
That newbie feeling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisa WTS-Collins

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never be able to come to Alton towers.

Crying or Very sad

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell the children! Take a special day! Find a time when your lot are inset but nobody else is.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Berry

Display Name: Blonde Ross
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunbury out of it* Laughing

*Ie make up a frequently ill or incapacitated friend and use them as an excuse to be somewhere else when you don't want to be [for example] at work. Good old Oscar Wilde Very Happy

Lisa WTS-Collins

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inset means we have to go in! And be bored by some flap who hasn't taught for 15 years telling us what we are doing wrong. I hate inset.
Lady Clara

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berry wrote:
Bunbury out of it* Laughing

*Ie make up a frequently ill or incapacitated friend and use them as an excuse to be somewhere else when you don't want to be [for example] at work. Good old Oscar Wilde Very Happy

Oh go on!
I'll incapaciate Berry for you. Then you'll have to go.

Consider it good for the state of your mental health.

Berry

Display Name: Blonde Ross
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you must have missed the bit in my last post that said "make up"
Lady Clara

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berry wrote:
I think you must have missed the bit in my last post that said "make up"

Sssssssh don't tell anyone! Else the bosses will find out and she wont be able to go!

Azathoth

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouse Elvis wrote:
I never made it to Alton Towers either, so go on Lee, organise another one but to make sure you go, you can buy the tickets and we'll pay you when we get there Laughing

It would save everyone money if you all had a group reservation at the same hotel and got discounted tickets that way. Maybe that could work if Lee was bunged some cash upfront instead of or as well as on the day. I'm assuming you're not all rushing home in the evening.

Lee

Display Name: Lee Noble
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never the actual organiser of the Alton Towers event. I just provided a mechanism by which a date suitable for most people could be agreed upon. Speaking of said mechanism. I've dusted it off and re-calibrated it to the new dates. I've left a bit of padding either side though.

For the uninitiated, there are two methods of voting. The left column is provided for people to strike off those dates for which they absolutely cannot attend. If you can't attend at all then striking off all the dates won't really help. Don't forget about that cold you have coming on for those of you in full time employment. Never take a single day off either as it just looks like you're throwing a sickie. The right column is for voting for your preferred dates. This will be the method employed should all the left column get struck off. Ideally there will be one or two dates in the left column which haven't been vetoed by anyone. These will outrank the votes in the right column. Although in all likelihood they'll all end up going, no-one will agree and we'll be back to square one in a matter of days. That said...here it is

Lee

Display Name: Lee Noble
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Alton Towers Reply with quote

True to form, good know things never change, I contribute to a thread and proceed to kill it stone dead. Is it worth me resurrecting this? I don't know. If anyone's remotely interested or a mod is listening you may wish to split this onto a separate thread. To summarise, there was some consensus that a date be organised for a trip to Alton Towers around September time. I've resurrected the date-o-chooser for you lot to help decide on a specific date. The address is:

http://www.roobyroo.co.uk/date-o-chooser.php

I'll be over here in the corner..

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't actually kill the thread this time, the forum did.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SpoutMore All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: