Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
White Dog Poo (and things)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttastev

Display Name: terry
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i happened upon some of the fabled white poo recently....down by the river in sunny bedford. but i didnt see any gatherers of said stuff...... i was under the impression that white poo is a sign of malnutrition in dogs...i may well be wrong,i usually am!! As for cow pat frisbees....NO,NO,NO!!! Twisted Evil
talie

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Sir have not lived, never flung dung on a stick at someone (horse is usually good for this...horse poo that is) or deer poo as scatter shot.

Yes and we probably put our hands in our mouths or ate without washing too Smile

Doctor

Display Name: Reg
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: White Poo Theorem Reply with quote

My own theory on the loss of white dog poo is that road sweeping schedules are so good these days that turds simply do not have time to mature.

All dog turds start somewhere in the brown spectrum, but as time passes they (a) dehydrate, and (b) the remaining organic matter is consumed by insects and micro-organisms. This eventually reveals the undigestible calcium-based materials, which are white, forming a skeletal, light-weight poo.

A corrollary to this is the suggestion that pet meats are now prepared from fresh meat and do not contain the very high proportions of bone-meal that were used in past generations. Similarly, very few pets have whole bones as a major part of their diet.

Hence, much less calcium, and no white deposits even as the turds mature.

Glad to be of service.

Doctor Reg x

Hmmm... breakfast time.
ttastev

Display Name: terry
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talie wrote:
You Sir have not lived, never flung dung on a stick at someone (horse is usually good for this...horse poo that is) or deer poo as scatter shot.

Yes and we probably put our hands in our mouths or ate without washing too Smile
oh,alright i admit it....dog poo chucking was part of my (long ago!) youth...... Twisted Evil
Cyclops

Display Name: Larry
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm have you also noticed that there is a lot more white chocolate about these days?...It was a lot rarer in the days of crumbly white dog poo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SproutMaster All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: