Sproutlore Symbol

The Sproutlore Forum is now closed, and no longer accepting new messages. Please try our new forum at The Order of the Golden Sprout.
Da-Da-De-Da-Da CD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psychonaut

Location: At the dragonheaded prow of a longboat heading your way!
Display Name: Psychonaut
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to get the CD with the book for my crimbo. Very Happy

However whilst reading the book my youngest (aged 1 and a half) had much fun using the CD as a frisbee while I was engrossed in reading and has put a bad scratch in it. Sad

Would very much appreciate it if the nice Mr. Shields were to make the download available on site as I could then replace my CD.

COD

Club Member
Display Name: Paul
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the book also come with a large detached dwelling comprising two reception rooms, two bathrooms, ensuite, dining room, extensive kitchen and conservatory feature, four bedrooms and a double garage set in fifteen acres of woodland outside Kent? Because it should, and once again, it would be ideal for me to have somewhere. to put my book when I'd finished reading it, and perhaps my CD's as well. Like a sort of larger version of a cupboard, or bookshelf maybe.
Again, I'd be on to my publishers like shot at this idea of a promotional dwelling with book (signed of course), and also once again, I'd be more than happy to help promote this promotion by being the first recipient of the devilishly clever marketing scheme. You can have all the credit, I'm not in this for fame and fortune.

Man Upstairs again Smile

the laundry moose

Display Name: STEPHEN TENWICK
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my CD in the post today but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
Toppest of all possible notches!

Dr O

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has the CD but its missing the 10 note. Can you send me one in the post.
Doctor

Display Name: Reg
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Blind Reply with quote

My Commanding Officer swore blind that it was a twenty-pound note. Perhpaps the author has a couple of dozen spares to send out? We don't mind paying for the stamps.

Captain F.O. Tablet (ret.)
COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, as we're going to be reading the book for the author, we should technically speaking, become the stakeholders in the Author's profits in distributing the book. I mean without our input as potential readers and enjoyers of the art of Rankin, Rankin would not enjoy the revenue he so richly deserves. The author has worked hard on the book, and for that we are grateful, but in order to make a profit from the book he must have ourselves as investors, purchasing the work to read, thus producing revenue. As any good capitalist knows, any money you invest that has a good return, automatically provides you the share holder with a proportion of those revenues. Mines a pint. Very Happy
robertrankin

SproutMaster

Display Name: Robert Rankin
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right! That does it! Everyone send the CDs back, I'm not playing any more and I want the full postage and package and the use of shoe leather for having to walk all the way to Worthing to find a post office and then there's all the time that it took when I could have been writing. So the way I see it, if you all put in fifty quid each it will work out OK. No, hang about, there's all the psychological damage that these postings from God have caused me. I know you can't really put a price on that. But let's try. So, let's call it a round one hundred quid each. And I'll have it in cash please.
COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Aw you're a good sport Mr R. Laughing

I apologeh.

The house would have been a good publicity stunt, that I do stand by. arf!

x godbless

p.s
If you send me the hundred quid per person not actually in receipt of the CD, or book, then I'll ensure all psychological posting are removed forthwith and that GOD fellow never writes so much as a scrap fiscal material pertaining to you and your bookselling exploits. Fair? Shocked

Dr O

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm not going to get my 10 note then Confused

Who else would like to donate 10 to the Dr O Beer fund (unregistered CHARITY). It's a worthwhile cause. Just think of those starving kids in Africa!!! YOU yes YOU could help me forget about them with a 10 donation.

COD

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah beer, the thinking mans nightmare. I'd happily donate a 10, only I might lose it again in the ether.

See, my two mates and I went to the pub last Friday. Whilst there I bought us some very expensive cocktails each and the bloke behind the bar charges me 30.00 for the lot. Suffice it to say we split the cost to a tenner each. Then I discover from one of the waitresses that Mr barman has overcharged us, and that my drinks or cocktails should have been 25.00. I watch as the barman gives the waitress five pound coins and tells her to give us a refund.

Thing is, she puts 2 in her pocket, thinks I don't notice, and gives us a pound each. Now that means we've only paid 9.00 each for the drinks, 27 in total. She's nicked 2.00 off us, which, when I asked for it back, she did cough up. That only makes 29.00. So where did my other 1 go to make it 30.00?

That's what I hate about drink and money, the universe steps in and logically robs you whilst your three sheets to the wind.

G

A Random Me

Club Member
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one crops up a lot. The way the numbers are being added is incorrect.

Before I try (and fail) to explain it, can I check if you do know the "answer" such as it is? If so, it'd save me time.

"If Plan A will result in a smoking crater where the city used to be, they'd probably like if you came up with a Plan B."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sproutlore Forum Index -> SproutMaster All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: